- Carry out service, repair and maintenance on all equipment in line with Manufacturers / Mammoet standards.
- Assist as part of the workshop team in providing a safe, cost effective and efficient equipment maintenance and repair service.
- Decipher wiring diagrams and schematics in order to carry out the necessary repairs.
- Carry out pre VOSA inspections and make decisions based on this.
- Ensure equipment is serviced and maintained ready for hire.
- Assist in the maximisation of the company resources (i.e. human, physical and financial) to ensure provision of effective, efficient and economic high-quality services.
- Attend manufacturers training courses when required (residential on occasion).
- Cover breakdowns.
- Liaise with internal departments and external organisations as appropriate.
- Carry out all duties and responsibilities with full regard to Equal Opportunities Policy, Health and Safety Policy and all other Company policies.
Facilities and Equipment Manager.
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
You will be responsible for ensuring equipment is maintained and repaired to the highest standard whilst providing a safe and effective maintenance repair service.
Reporting to the Facilities and Equipment Manager, this is a full-time permanent position to be based at our Teesside office. Travel and on call cover will be required throughout the UK. There may also on occasion be a requirement to travel to the Netherlands for job specific training.
- Must be able to work on own initiative and be able to fault find in challenging environments.
- Excellent attitude towards health and safety.
- Strong attention to detail with emphasis on providing a high quality service.
- Customer focused.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Educated to a minimum of NVQ level 2 in Heavy Vehicle and Maintenance Repair. Level 3 is desirable.
- Valid UK driving licence, with HGV class 1 and 2 would be advantageous.
- Good level of English, verbal and written.
- Willingness to travel and stay overnight throughout the UK at short notice.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Mammoet helps clients improve construction efficiency and optimize the uptime of plants and installations. For that purpose, we provide solutions for lifting, transporting, installing and decommissioning large and heavy structures.
Realizing those solutions is an integrated daily effort, shared by everyone at Mammoet, in every aspect of our services: creative engineering, careful planning and safe delivery.
- Overtime payable after basic 39 hour week.
- On call payment.
- Company van.